|Last modified December, 2013; firstname.lastname@example.org
Web-site of Irina Artemieva
|The site is being
Number of page visits
|Artemieva I.M., 2011.
Cambridge University Press,
794 pp., ISBN 9780521843966.
Download Contents and Preface
| Thermal structure and thickness of continental upper mantle|
- Global thermal models for the continental crust and upper mantle,
- global maps of lithosphere thickness (thermal LAB)
| Compositional heterogeneity of continental lithospheric mantle|
Based on separation of thermal and non-thermal signal in:
- seismic tomography models (global and regional, elastic and anelastic);
- global and regional gravity models (also based on satellite GOCE gravity data),
- free-board constraints for cratonic regions of Europe and Siberia,
- analysis of correlations of compositional anomalies with kimberlite locations,
- correlations between lithosphere structure and different boundary layers (thermal, chemical,
- crustal and upper mantle anisotropy and its relation to mantle dynamics and large-scale regional
- lithosphere layering and the origin of mid-lithosphere discontinuity.
|Growth rate of continental lithosphere and its secular evolution|
- constraints on growth and preservation rate of the continental lithosphere since the Archean based on
a global thermal model complemented by tectono-thermal ages (1 deg x 1 deg global model TC1),
- analysis of an interaction of deep lithospheric roots with a convective mantle (the "basal drag" model of
lithosphere erosion); it provides end-member constraints on lithosphere thickness in Paleozoic and
- lithosphere control on anorthosite magmatism.
|Structure of the crust|
- regional (digital) seismic model for Europe (Western Europe and the East European craton to the
Urals mnts) and the North Atlantics region,
- regional (digital) seismic model for Siberia (West Siberian Basin and Siberian craton),
- regional seismic model for southern Africa (from Zimbabwe craton to the Cape Fold belt) based on
- analysis of crust-mantle interaction and control on thickness of continental crust based on the
- structure of major sedimentary basins, mechanisms of basin subsidence in intraplate settings.
|Regional studies of lithosphere structure and dynamic topography in Europe|
- thermo-chemical heterogeneity of the European lithospheric mantle based on seismic, free-board, and
- links between crustal and mantle structure and surface topography; regional dynamic topography
|Lithosphere deformation and seismic anisotropy|
- seismic anisotropy in young orogens and a model of creep in the upper mantle,
- numerical modeling of lithosphere deformation during extension and continental rifting.
|Anomalous oceanic lithosphere|
- anomalous lithosphere structure of the North Atlantic ocean; role of pre-exiting lithosphere
heterogeneity on ocean spreading; global structure of the oceanic crust and lithosphere; implications
for mantle potential temperatures.
|The major focus of my research is on the structure, composition, thermal
regime, and secular evolution of the (primarily, continental) lithosphere,
and processes which create and modify the lithosphere